Friendly On-stage Banter
Australian, UK-born vocalist Catherine Summers is acclaimed for timbre tone, uniquely versatile voice with warmth and depth and her ‘instantly familiar’ candour. Plus, she's often weaving tid-bits of rich musical history from bygone eras into her performances. This, and her rich timbre and broad vocal range has given her a title of a delight to watch.
“She’s got style, she’s got flair, she’s definitely got talent – and an amazing magical stage presence, so much so, that on Saturday afternoon I was transported into some deep, dark roaring ‘20s. Her exquisite and perfect French accent shone as she belted out Edith Piaf’s ‘Non, Je Ne Regret Rein’ – her performance of such an iconic song was incredibly moving. From Parisian jazz to modern swing uptempo – with a great twist on Adele’s Rolling in Deep – Summers’ charismatic engagement with the audience is exhilarating.” Nicola Heyes – Giggysound.com.
Perth's Entertainer Singer of Choice
“The quality that sets her apart from other singers is that people of all ages feel ‘instantly familiar’ with her and soak up her banter and on-stage charisma.” The Music Review.If you enjoy soaking up the sounds of up-tempo and lively swing classics, or sinking deeply into dulcet emotive ballads such as Cry Me A River, Stormy Weather and As Time Goes By, Cathrine is someone not to be missed. Or, perhaps you want to tap along to Vintage Hollywood Jazz hits such as Anything Goes, Top Hat White Tie & Tails, or Mack The Knife. Or, if you want to step into a Parisian Jazz Club with Edith Piaf’s Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien, or the infamous Sous Le Ciel De Paris, then look no further.
Since her 2008 debut, Cathrine Summers has lit up many events, festivals, high profile galas and regularly performs nationally and internationally. She’s a resident sell-out artist at local Perth and Melbourne jazz clubs, and has featured in revered festivals like, BRAVO! Cruise of the Performing Arts, Perth International Festival, Jazz By The Bay, sell-out seasons in Fringe World Festival 15, 16, 17 & 18, City of Perth New Years, Kings Park Festival and many more.
Australian Jazz Vocalist
“With incredible vocal range, tender sense of comedy and comforting stage presence, it is as if the audience has known her for years. Cole Porter, once said, ‘I wanted every kind of love that was available, but I could never find them in the same person.’ Yet in the beautiful and talented Cotton Club singer, all these forms of love seem to coalesce.” Perri Watson.
Jazz, Modern & More
Cathrine is as at home in Jazz as she is in modern, soul classics. She has an extensive repertoire of jazz classics and delivers them with a love and passion for the genre that shines through in her performances. From traditional Jazz gems, to The Great American Songbook, to many French, Spanish, Brazilian Jazz songs, such a diverse song list means her performances are rich with a variety of styles appealing to a broad range of audiences.
As front woman for both Summers Soul (6-piece soul band) and Summer Groove (4-piece jazz modern like-a-version funk), Cathrine Summers has a remarkable diversity to deliver a powerful serving of top tunes from Motown hits, Stevie Wonder gems to more modern classics from Amy Winehouse, Alicia Keys, Bruno Mars, Beyoncé and more.
It is her diversity, her “instantly familiar” charisma along with her broad repertoire of popular modern top 40 songs, vintage soul and Motown hits and over 200 jazz songs that gives her that “there is something for everyone” quality.
Some Career Highlights
- BRAVO 16’ Cruise of The Performing Arts with Kiri Takanawa, Marina Prior, David Hobson and more…
- Sell out Fringe Festival seasons (12 shows per season) with narrative, 15’ 16’ 17’ 18’ (4 award nominations)
- Kings Park Festival (Headline)
- City of Perth New Year’s Eve (Headline) 16’
- Telethon Cable Beach Broome Weekend Headline with narrative & dancers (see next page)
- Jazz By The Bay 15’ 16’ and 17’ as featured artist
- PIJF, Manly Jazz Festival
- Various Melbourne & Sydney jazz performances across 15’ – 18’
- BRAVO UK 18’ Cruise of The Performing Arts with Alfie Boe, Katherine Jenkins, Teddy Tahu-Rhodes, The Celtic Tenors, Marussia and more…
- Recent self-produced #15 track album – Ella, Dinah, Anita with launch and upcoming East Coast tour Nov 18’
- 6-year residency at The University Club of Western Australia
- Full time vocalist, successful business owner, performing approx. 120 performances a year
- Gala Dinners, Fundraisers, Events, Awards, Launches across WA and Australia.
- Support act for Ronan Keating – Etihad Flight Launch
- Upcoming BRAVO 18’ November and BRAVO 19’ November Festival bookings.